Welcome to Year 5
Click here for a general overview of Year 5
Autumn 1 - Space Curriculum Grid
Dates for your diary
- 04/06/18 - School opens for Summer 2 term.
- 04/06/18 - 08/06/18 - National Environment Week.
- 06/06/18 - Primary Shakespeare Company final production at The Orion.
- 08/06/18 - Bring in a white t-shirt day!
- 20/06/18 - Primary Challenge Event at Queen Elizabeth's School.
- 21/06/18 - International Evening Event.
- 25/06/18-29/06/18 - Fellowship Afloat Week 2.
- 11/07/18 - English Speaking Board (ESB) Test Day.
- 13/07/18 - Sports Day.
- 17/07/18 - Maths Challenge Day.
- 20/07/18 - School closes for Summer Holidays.
- Library day for Year 5 is every Monday.
- Full P.E. kits should be worn to school every Tuesday.
- This term is the 'Summer of Sports' please ensure your child brings their trainers every Friday in addition to their P.E. day.
This is a good website to visit regularly to increase your grammar knowledge:
Now you know why it is so important to know your grammar rules!
Practise your tables...........
Try these games
Our topic this term is 'Vibrant Victorians'.
See how much you can find out about them.......
Please note that Year 5 have P.E. every Tuesday.
Don't forget to arrive in your school P.E. kits!
Weekly Spelling List
Please remind your children to revise the words on this list:
Please also remember to complete your Mathletics challenges each week!
Here is our new Grid for this term - You need to do at least three tasks before Thursday 19th July 2018.
This term you can earn points for each grid task that you do. A prize will be given to the child who obtains the most points for their tasks.
A minimum of 3 activities are required to be handed in each half-term.
Year 5 Summer Term
This term our topic is The Vibrant Victorians.
Children will begin the topic by exploring the lives of Victorian children in school, at home and at work. They will be able to compare and contrast elements of childhood life in the Victorian period to those in their own lives.
They will also gain an understanding and appreciation of inventions created during the time of Queen Victoria's reign which are still relied on today.
Year 5 Residential Trip to the Fellowship Afloat Ship, Tollesbury. The trip costs £300 per child.
Please click here for more information:
Week 1: 14th - 18th May 2018
Week 2: 25th - 29th June 2018