Welcome to Year 5
Click here for a general overview of Year 5
Autumn 1 - Space Curriculum Grid
Dates for your diary
- 16/04/18 - School opens for Summer 1 term
- 19/04/18 - Children to wear sports clothes to school to raise money for the London Marathon
- 03/05/18 - School closed for Polling Day
- 14th - 18th May - Fellowship Afloat Trip for Group 1
- 24/05/18 - End of Summer 1 term
- 04/06/18 - School opens for Summer 2 term
- Library day for Year 5 is every Monday.
- Full P.E. kits should be worn to school every Tuesday.
- This term is the 'Summer of Sports' please ensure your child brings their trainers every Friday in addition to their P.E. day.
This is a good website to visit regularly to increase your grammar knowledge:
Now you know why it is so important to know your grammar rules!
Practise your tables...........
Try these games
Our topic this term is 'Talents and Hobbies'
See how much you can find out about yours.......
Please note that Year 5 have P.E. every Tuesday.
Don't forget to arrive in your school P.E. kits!
Please remind your children to revise the words on this list:
This week the children have been set additional Mathletics tasks. Please ensure the task is completed by next week Thursday. If there are any issues with accessing Mathletics - be sure to speak to the class teacher before next Thursday.
Please also remember to complete your Mathletics challenges each week!
Here is our new Grid for this term - You need to do at least three tasks before Thursday 24th May 2018.
This term you can earn points for each grid task that you do. A prize will be given to the child who obtains the most points for their tasks.
A minimum of 3 activities are required to be handed in each half-term.
Year 5 Summer Term
This term our topic is Talents and Hobbies.
Over the half term, we encourage the children to identify, explore and share their interests with their teachers and peers.
They will be given the opportunity to find out more about their chosen talent or hobby and reflect on the journeys made by relevant inspirational people. This, we hope, will motivate them to pursue the activities they enjoy with dedication and perseverance.
Year 5 Residential Trip to the Fellowship Afloat Ship, Tollesbury. The trip costs £300 per child.
Please click here for more information:
Week 1: 14th - 18th May 2018
Week 2: 25th - 29th June 2018