Dates for your diary
- 04/09/2018 - School opens for Autumn Term 1
- 17/09/2018 - Mad Scientist assembly in school
- 17/09/2018 - The start of #Welivekindly initiative
- 19/09/2018 - Y5 Curriculum Meeting (15.30 and 6pm)
- 24/09/2018 - After school activities begin
- 02/10/2018 - Book Look (3.15pm)
- 08/10/2018 - Y5 trip to the Science Museum
- 19/10/2018 - School closes for half term
- 29/10/2018 - School opens for Autumn Term 2
- 31/10/2018 - Macbeth Show performed by the Young Shakespeare Company (in school)
- 06/11/2018 - Book Look (3.15pm)
- 22/11/2018 - Fire Safety Workshops
- 04/12/2018 - Book Look
- 12/12/2018 - Y4, Y5, Y6 Pantomine Trip
- 18/12/2018 - Christmas Lunch
- 21/12/2018 - School closes for Christmas
- Library day for Year 5 is every Wednesday.
- Full P.E. kits should be worn to school every Tuesday.
- This term is the 'Autumn of Action' please ensure your child brings their trainers every Friday in addition to their P.E. day.
This is a good website to visit regularly to increase your grammar knowledge:
Now you know why it is so important to know your grammar rules!
Practise your tables...........
Try these games
Our topic this term is 'Super Space'
See how much you can find out about them.......
Please note that Year 5 have P.E. every Tuesday.
Don't forget to arrive in your school P.E. kits!
Please remind your children to revise the words on this list:
Some changes this year:
This year ALL homework will be placed in a shared folder on Google Drive.
Every child has a username and password that they can use to access Google Drive from any computer. Your child has also been sent an email with the link for the homework folder. If there are issues accessing the Drive, please speak to a member of the Year 5 team as soon as possible.
In any event, children will be given a hard copy of their Literacy and Numeracy homework every Friday.
Children will also have access to a hard copy of the Topic Grid in their homework book. Additional resources needed to complete any of the activities on the grid will be placed in the shared folder on Google Drive.
This term children can earn points for each grid task that they do. A prize will be given to the child who obtains the most points for their tasks.
A minimum of 3 activities are required to be handed in each half-term.
If you have any questions or concerns in relation to homework, please contact your child's class teacher.
Please also remember to complete your Mathletics challenges each week!
English Speaking Board (E.S.B.)
In Year 5, every child is given the opportunity to take part in E.S.B. If your child is taking part in E.S.B. this term, please click here for further information.
Year 5 Autumn Term
This term our topic is Super Space!
Children will begin the topic by exploring our Solar System and the relationship between the Earth, the moon and the sun. Over the course of the half term, the children will get to know about the unique characteristics of each of the planets in our Solar System as well as the particular properties that make Earth such a habitable planet.
Children will dive into the past to unravel significant historical events such as the 'Space Race' and men landing on the moon. They will be given the opportunity to provide their own thoughts and opinions on these events and perhaps look into where technology will take us next.
On Monday 8th October 2018, Year 5 will be making a trip to the Science Museum to explore real artifacts related to the Space Race and various missions to the moon.
Year 5 Residential Trip to the Fellowship Afloat Ship, Tollesbury. The trip costs £300 per child.
Please click here for more information:
Week 1: TBC
Week 2: TBC